Welcome to The 91st MPEG Meeting!
The 91st MPEG Meeting is hosted by Information Processing Society of Japan/
Information Technology Standards Commission of Japan (IPSJ/ITSCJ)
[A Standards organizaition accredited by Japanese Industrial Standards Committee (JISC)]
- Meeting date - 2010-01-18/22 (Ad hoc 2010-01-16/17)
- Meeting venue - Kyoto Research Park (KRP)
Address: Chudoji Minami-machi 134, shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8813, Japan
- Host contact
Ms. Mayumi Koike (Espalier inc.)
The 91st MPEG News
- MPEG KYOTO Meeting has successfully finished.
- MMT workshop
MMT workshop is held on Wednesday, Jan 20, 2010.
Starting from 13;00- at Video Room (Buzz Hall).
The program is available. DOWNLOAD
- Printable pdf version of this home page is available
Carry the information of the 91st MPEG meeting printed on papers.
19 page pdf version is now available. DOWNLOAD
- Opportunity to experience Ultra High Definition TV
NHK, Nippon Hoso Kyokai (Japan Broadcasting Corporation), offers the opportunity to experience Ultra High Definition TV exclusively to the delegates of MPEG Kyoto meeting. The tour will be on January 23, 2010 (Saturday after MPEG Kyoto meeting) in Tokyo, 500 km away from Kyoto.
The current schedule and demonstration plan is as below (details may be changed). Participants who wish to be there should show their will by checking the box upon registration. They may also need flight arrangement from Narita to get back home. Don't miss it.
We will close the application on Wednesday, Jan 6 17:00, 2010(JST).
[SCHEDULE] - January 23, 2010
12:30 Bus departure from Tokyo station
(This bus is exclusive for MPEG participants)
13:30 Arrival at NHK Science & Technical Research Laboratories
16:30 Bus arrival at Tokyo station
[DEMONSTRATION]Super Hi-Vision system
1. Super Hi-Vision Theater
- Come in and view ultra-high-definition video and super-realistic sound
conveying the sensation of reality -
2. 33-Million-Pixel Color Camera
- Trial manufacture of prototype camera and peripheral equipment -
3.Production systems for 22.2 multi-channel sound
- Comparing 22.2 sound with down mixed sound (stereo and 5.1ch) -
- Headphone Processor for 22.2 multi-channel sound -
4. 22.2 multi-channel sound reproduction suitable for home use
- Custom-made Tall-boy loudspeakers can reproduce the bottom, middle,
and top layer channels of 22.2 audio -
1. Ultrahigh-Sensitivity HARP Camera
- For shooting clear images in poor light-
2. Ultrahigh-speed High-sensitivity Camera operating at the frame rate up to 1,000,000
- For ultra slow motion video of phenomena that are too fast to be perceived with the naked eye.
- * - * - * - * - * - *
What is Ultra High Definition TV? See this link.- * - * - * - * - * - *
How to get to NHK Tech Res Lab (Super Hivision Demo place)
1. take JR bullet train (Nozomi Shinkansen) at Kyoto station to Tokyo station (JPY 12,710, 2.5hours).
2. NHK shuttle bus stop at Tokyo station will be announced soon (departure 12:30)
2. take JR Chuo-line at Tokyo station to Shinjuku station (covered by above ticket, 15min)
3. take Odakyu express to Seijogakuen (JPY 210, 15 min).
4. take Odakyu bus or Tokyu bus at bus-stop 1 to NHK Giken-mae (JPY 200, 10min).
5. Demo will start at 13:30, January 23.
Access Guide - http://www.nhk.or.jp/strl/english/aboutstrl/map.html